It’s fall, and time to celebrate soups! Celery root (celeriac) is in season in the fall, and if you haven’t used it yet, you really ought to give it a try. It’s an ingredient with substantial body, and a mellow, celery flavor. This low amine soup recipe is a sure crowd pleaser.
1 celery root (about 3 C, chopped)
1 lb white fish such as cod
6 C chicken broth
4 C water
1 bulb garlic, peeled and minced
1 1/2 C chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, packed
1 red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 bay leaves
1 big pinch saffron
1 tsp ascorbic acid
3 Tbsp safflower oil
- Peel celery root and slice into thin pieces about the size of a nickel.
- In a large stock pot, add oil and saute chopped onions, garlic, and parsley. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all other ingredients except fish. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish, cut into a few large pieces. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with finely minced parsley.
- Roasted Fennel & Celery Root (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Shaved Fennel and Celery Root (Celeriac) Salad (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Fennel Leek Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Quick Get-Well Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, nightshade-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Pumpkin Apple Dressing (aminerecipes.com)