Little did I know that french fries and chicken strips were my roommate’s fetish food. Tonight, I fed her inner Oprah. It turned out fabulously, and we didn’t even have to feel bad about eating it, as both the fries and chicken strips were baked, gluten-free, soy-free, and low-amine. Even the no-tomato ketchup was good for us! These chicken strips have a nice crunch to them if you make the breadcrumbs just a little bit bigger, rather than totally pulverized.
3 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 pieces white gluten-free bread
1/4 C minced parsley
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning mix
- Put slices of bread on a cookie sheet and leave in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound chicken breasts flat till about 1/3″ thick (for lack of a proper kitchen tool, I used a big empty bottle of apple juice).
- Cut chicken into strips about 1″ wide.
- Check on bread. Once a very “toasty” texture, remove from oven and throw into a food processor. Process till almost smooth – some small chunks add a nice crisp texture.
- Mince parsley.
- Mix Cajun seasoning, parsley, salt, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Toss together well.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with butter or safflower oil.
- Dredge pieces of chicken in egg and coat with breadcrumbs mix, arranging them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, depending on thickness of strips.
Very Low Amine: bread, parsley, salt
Low Amine: chicken, Cajun seasoning
Moderate amine: egg
- No-Tomato Ketchup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan)
- Baked French Fries
- Low Amine (Tomato Free) Zucchini Lasagna (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine No-Tomato Marinara (apple & onion based marinara) (aminerecipes.wordpress.com)
- Low Amine Cilantro Chutney (aminerecipes.com)
- Teriyaki Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Breaded Rosemary Lemon Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Low-Amine BBQ Chicken Breasts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Curry Cumin Pot Roast (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, tomato-free, nightshade-free, low-carb, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Burgers with Caramelized Onions (aminerecipes.com)
- Fennel Leek Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Savory Roasted Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, tomato-free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tamarind Apricot Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)