This low-amine carrot ginger salad dressing has a nice zest to it and adds a lot of body and flavor to a salad without adding much fat. It’s a unique, flavorful combination that makes for a nice addition to many salads.
1/2 lb carrots (3 medium), roughly chopped
1/2 C fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
1/2 C shallots, peeled & chopped
2 Tbsp pomegranate juice
1/2 tsp sesame oil substitute
4 tsp soy sauce substitute
1/3 C water
1 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp ascorbic acid
1/2 C safflower oil
1/4 tsp salt
- Pulse carrots in a food processor until almost pureed.
- Add shallots and ginger, and continue processing until finely minced.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth (2-3 minutes).
- If too thick, thin carrot ginger dressing with more water.
- Vietnamese Beef Vermicelli Noodle Bowl (Bun) (aminerecipes.com)
- Chicken Drumsticks in a Pear, Sage, Ginger Marinade (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Chestnut Soup (aminerecipes.com)
- Roasted Beets and Carrots with Feta and Cumin Vinaigrette (aminerecipes.com)
- Kinpira (Burdock Root & Carrot) (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Larb Gai (Thai Chicken Salad) (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb, healthy) (aminerecipes.com)
- Marinated Tofu Ties with Ginger Balsamic Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)