These light, crisp desserts are flaky and just sweet enough. I find that desserts, low-amine or not, are often much too sweet for my tastes. This recipe has no added sugar, and lets the fruits speak for themselves.
2 peaches (I used frozen slices, since peaches aren’t in season yet)
1 C water
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 package phyllo dough, cut into large squares
1/4 – 1/2 C safflower oil
- Thaw phyllo dough, and set oil aside in a small ramekin with a pastry brush.
- Add cut peaches to pan with water and cook, covered, on medium.
- Once peaches are broken down (about 10 minutes), mash.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and pears. Continue to cook, covered, on medium low, until pears have softened (about 15 minutes).
- Stir often to prevent burning. Once fruit is softened, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Each pastry will require four squares of phyllo each. Brush a light layer of oil between each layer of phyllo dough.
- Add about 1/4 C peach/pear mixture in to the phyllo square in the bottom left corner, toward center. Fold it into an envelope, and seal shut with a little oil.
- Arrange on a pan that’s been lightly greased.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Serve warm.
Very Low Amine: peaches, water, pear
Low Amine: phyllo dough, safflower oil
High Amine: nutmeg, cinnamon
- Chicken Drumsticks in a Pear, Sage, Ginger Marinade (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Simple Quinoa Salad (gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Garlic Green Beans (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, paleo, tomato-free, low-fat, low-carb, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Roasted Fennel & Celery Root (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tamarind Apricot Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Leek and Sweet Potato Frittata (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Chestnuts and Brussels Sprouts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Marinated Tofu Ties with Ginger Balsamic Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Garlic Broiled Brussels Sprouts (aminerecipes.com)