I’m sick. Lord I hate being sick. So I’ve made myself a quick and dirty get-well soup out of the low-amine vegetables in the house. Fast, easy, and one bowl in, I am already starting to feel better. Healthy soups are good medicine!
2 onions, sliced into “C rings”
2 carrots, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 bundle asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped
1/2 bundle cilantro (about 1 C), chopped
1/4 daikon radish, chopped (about 1 C)
1 small head napa cabbage, chopped fairly thin
12 medium to large cloves garlic
1/4 C ginger
1/2C soy sauce substitute
4 C beef broth
2 C vegetable broth
3 Tbsp safflower oil
- Heat oil in stock pot on medium. Add cut onions, green onions, and carrot. Cook until onions are starting to go translucent.
- Add chopped cilantro, asparagus, daikon, napa cabbage, and soy sauce substitute. Stir and cover with lid. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a small food processor, puree garlic and ginger. Add water as necessary to keep it moving.
- Add puree, beef broth, and vegetable broth to the pot. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover.
- Cook low-amine soup for 15 minutes, or until cabbage has reached desired doneness.
- Serve hot.
- Pea Shoots (aminerecipes.com)
- Braised Octopus and Choy Sum (aminerecipes.com)
- Savory Roasted Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, tomato-free, paleo, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-amine, Gluten-free Chinese Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce (aminerecipes.com)
- Teriyaki Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Tamarind Apricot Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tofu Bites (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, tomato-free, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Sukiyaki (Japanese Hot Pot) (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)