This shredded, low-amine beet and carrot salad has a cumin and lemony kick to it that makes it a great side dish for savory main dishes. Beet and carrot are naturally low-amine, and the beets add a sweetness to the salad from its natural sugars, particularly if you choose organic beets (organic beets are much higher in flavor).
1 beet (about 2C)
8 medium carrots (about 2C)
1/4 C safflower oil
1/2 C parsley, finely minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ascorbic acid
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Wash and trim carrots. Peel beet.
- Using a cheese grater or a food processor, grate beet and carrot and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Very Low Amine: beet, carrot, parsley, sea salt, ascorbic acid, cumin, cumin seeds
Low Amine: safflower oil
Very High Amine: cayenne
- Carrot Ginger Dressing (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Pumpkin Apple Dressing (aminerecipes.com)
- Black Truffle Beets (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Breaded Rosemary Lemon Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Pickles, pickles, pickles, and all Low-Amine (aminerecipes.com)
- Fennel Leek Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Balsamic Vinegar Substitute (aminerecipes.com)
- Warm Brown Rice Salad (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, fish-free, tomato-free, low-fat, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Red Wine Vinegar Substitute (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)