These low-amine, savory, dill, vegetable, rice, and beef stuffed cabbage rolls are filling and delicious. The dill brings out brighter flavors, highlighting the celery and onion in this warming, easy-to-make entree.
8-10 outer leaves of a large cabbage head (purple or green)
3/4 medium onion, diced
1/2 C cilantro, minced
3 ribs celery, diced
1 C cooked rice
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbsp dill
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp safflower oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with the rack second from the bottom.
- Boil a large pot of water, and add cabbage leaves. Cook until tender and pliable. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan heated to medium high, cook onions until translucent with oil.
- Add beef to pan, and break apart while it cooks.
- When beef is just over halfway done, add the rest of the vegetables and spices. Cook until beef is cooked through and vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
- Add rice, and ensure all ingredients are mixed together evenly.
- Lightly grease a large Pyrex pan.
- Stuff cabbage with a scoop or two of low-amine beef, rice, and vegetable mix, and roll shut.
- Fill pan with as many as needed.
- Bake low-amine dilled beef stuffed cabbage at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, 20 covered, 10 uncovered.
- Crack salt and pepper over the top and serve hot.
Very Low Amine: cabbage, onion, cilantro, celery, rice, oregano, dill, sea salt
Low Amine: ground beef, safflower oil
- Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Raw Shredded Beet and Carrot Salad (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Quick Get-Well Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, nightshade-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Curry Cumin Pot Roast (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, tomato-free, nightshade-free, low-carb, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Burgers with Caramelized Onions (aminerecipes.com)