- An alternative to cream-based pizza sauce, tomato-based pizza sauce, or plain oil basted pizza crusts is this delicious, simple onion sauce. This lightly tangy onion pizza sauce is excellent with vegetables on pizza, and with chicken. I marinate the chicken for my pizza in a Biscayne Citrus Rub, ascorbic acid, a little water, and safflower oil. This citrus-flavored chicken is spectacular with the low-amine, tomato-free, dairy-free onion pizza sauce.
- I use allergen-free Namaste pizza crust mix and cook it quite crisp, and do up a cheese-free pizza with vegetables and the pre-cooked marinated chicken. Examples of vegetables used are chopped endive, onion, asparagus, and thin slices of green bean. Whatever vegetables you should decide to use, just remember to ENJOY!
6 C sweet onion, diced
2 1/2 C red onion
15 cloves garlic, pureed with 1/4 C water
1 C loosely packed parsley leaves, minced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 C beef broth
1 – 2 tsp ascorbic acid, to taste
1/2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns, crushed
4 Tbsp butter (or butter substitute, or safflower oil. I use soy-free Earth Balance butter substitute)
- Heat large saucepan to medium high. Add butter. Add onions.
- Cook until onions start to sweat. Add garlic, parsley, and salt. Cook until onions are cooked through.
- Mix cornstarch in with beef broth. Add beef broth, cornstarch, and ascorbic acid. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 25 minutes or until the liquid is fairly thickened and evaporated out. Stir often.
- Add Sichuan peppers about 5 minutes from the end.
- Set aside and use onion pizza sauce on your regular or gluten-free pizza crust.
- AMINE BREAKDOWN:
- Very Low Amine: sweet onion, red onion, garlic, parsley, salt, cornstarch, ascorbic acid, Sichuan peppercorns
- Low Amine: beef broth, butter / butter substitute / safflower oil
- Green Curry Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Quick Kimchee Daikon Radish Pickles (aminerecipes.com)
- Fall-off-the-Bone BBQ Beef Ribs (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cumin Bean Vegetable Soup (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash (aminerecipes.com)
- Black Bean Dip (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)