For a proper simple stir-fry, you’ll need a wok, high heat, and a good sauce. Stir-fry is one of the more easy things to make, and can be done with any number of ingredients, spices, and sauces. The key to a good low-amine stir-fry is knowing what order to throw your ingredients in the wok, and slicing things uniformly.
These ingredients go in the pan together at the same time. Use any combination of them:
Add First: Gobo (burdock) root, Sweet potato, Potato
Add Second: Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Shallots, Leek, Small pieces chicken
Add Third: Carrot, Brussels sprouts (small, halved), Firm tofu (if soy OK), cabbage, Zucchini, Beef
Add Fourth: Green onion, Celery, Bok choy, Pre-cooked corn, Green beans, Summer squash, Additional Spices / Sauces
Add Fifth: Bean sprouts, Bamboo shoots, Precooked Egg, Soft Tofu (if soy OK), Cilantro, Kelp noodles, Shirataki noodles, Pre-cooked rice noodles
- Heat your pan to medium-high and add a couple tablespoons oil.
- Add all ingredients in each “timed section” at a time, stirring/tossing ingredients in pan frequently. I wait till each added ingredient is about half-cooked before moving on to the next “batch” of ingredients. This timing gets closer and closer together as you move toward the end.
- If things are sticking, reduce heat to medium, add a tiny bit of water (1 or 2 Tbsp), and cover.
- If your vegetables need more moisture to cook them throughout, add a little water and cover.
- If your stir-fry is producing too much liquid, leave uncovered on a higher heat.
- Make sure you keep the ingredients moving in the pan (especially on a high heat) so that they don’t burn.
- Enjoy your low-amine stir-fry served with rice or on its own.
Amine content in food depends on ingredients used. Please see Low Amine Grocery List to find out about each ingredient used.
- Soy Sauce Substitute
- Sesame Oil Substitute
- Kinpira (Burdock Root & Carrot) (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Sukiyaki (Japanese Hot Pot) (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Leek and Sweet Potato Frittata (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cream Cheese and Caramelized Onion Stuffed Turkey Meatballs (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Hot and Sour Soup (Low-Amine, Gluten-Free, and Soy-Free) (aminerecipes.com)