These low amine, low-fat turkey meatballs put a tart and spicy twist on regular meatballs. Low amine CAN be delicious. I’m playing with a version of this low amine turkey meatball to see whether I can turn it into a saucy appetizer, too. More to come!
2 lbs lean ground turkey
1/2 C garlic breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp blackening seasoning
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Montreal Spicy Steak seasoning
1 Tbsp sea salt
1 Tbsp cayenne
2 bunches well-washed, chopped cilantro (about 2 cups)
10 cloves garlic
1″ fresh ginger, chopped
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
1 tsp sugar
3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, and eggs to a large bowl and knead together.
- Mix all dry seasonings together on a plate.
- Roll turkey into large meatballs and roll meatballs it in the seasoning mix. Pat seasonings into the turkey meatballs gently.
- Arrange turkey meatballs in Pyrex pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes, covered.
- Add all “sauce mix” items to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- After cooking 20 minutes, uncover turkey meatballs, drain off most the liquid with a spoon (I leave about 1/4″ liquid in the bottom).
- The turkey meatballs probably shrank some. I push them together closely so that less sauce gets wasted.
- Pour a heavy dollop of cilantro puree over the top of meatball.
- Bake 375 degrees uncovered for 10 minutes.
Very Low Amine: breadcrumbs, cilantro, garlic, ginger, onion, ascorbic acid, garlic powder, salt, water
Low Amine: sugar, turkey
Moderate Amine: egg, blackening seasoning, Montreal Spicy Steak Seasoning
Very High Amine: cayenne
- Curried Cilantro Chicken Drumsticks (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, coconut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (aminerecipes.com)
- Pickles, pickles, pickles, and all Low-Amine (aminerecipes.com)
- Larb Gai (Thai Chicken Salad) (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb, healthy) (aminerecipes.com)
- Balsamic Blackened Cod (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)