Summer drinks aren’t the same without fun choices like ber, cider, tequila, rum, scotch (my favorite), and whiskey. As someone allergic to amines, I am left gin (which I’m *actually* allergic to, so can’t have) and vodka. Needless to say, I now drink a lot of vodka. I’m working on tweaking some summer classic drinks and making them into delicious low amine alcoholic beverages. Round 1: Mojitos. Drink!
2 oz vodka
10-12 mint leaves
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 lime
5 oz club soda
1 C crushed ice if you have it, cubes if you don’t.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, grind mint leaves together with the brown sugar.
- If using crushed ice: Add crushed ice, vodka, lime. Muddle.
- If using cubed ice: Add vodka, lime. Muddle. Add ice, put lid on and shake.
- Add club soda and pour through cocktail shaker’s strainer (or use a spring-bar strainer) into a tall glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and wedge of lime.