This low-fat, low amine cod dish is delicious and very easy. It’s a simple way to prepare fish, but is highly flavorful and works with both sweet and savory flavors for side dishes.
2 cod fillets
4 large cloves garlic
4 Tbsp minced shallot
Zest of 1 lime
1/4 tsp ascorbic acid
1 tsp tarragon
2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a Pyrex or Cast Iron pan.
- Use a garlic press and press into a ramekin.
- Add minced shallot, lime zest, ascorbic acid tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix all ingredients together well.
- Lay cod pieces down in the pan and press half the seasoning mix into the top half, then flip fillets and press seasoning mix into other side.
- Drizzle oil lightly over the top.
- Cover and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve on its own or plated with apricot sauce. I used another fruited dish served with it: Nectarine Ginger Quinoa.
- Balsamic Blackened Cod (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Marinated Tofu Ties with Ginger Balsamic Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (aminerecipes.com)