Lime basil chicken is super simple. Doing it low amine is even simpler – just take the skin off. The only catch with a skinless chicken roast is that you have to baste, and baste often. I basted the lime basil chicken every 20 minutes or so to ensure it had no chance to dry out.
1 whole chicken (5 lbs or so), skin and excess fat removed
1 tsp ascorbic acid
1 C finely chopped basil, packed
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp safflower oil
1 C chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set rack to middle.
- Remove skin from chicken, and rinse off (inside and out) with water.
- Slice one lime into four quarters and cut each piece to assist juices coming out.
- Mix salt and ascorbic acid together in a ramekin.
- Set into large Pyrex pan and rub down (all over outside and inside cavity) with salt and ascorbic acid, then basil.
- Slice one lime thinly into rings. Lay rings onto chicken (I went a bit overkill on mine – I used two. I’d suggest using only one.).
- Drizzle oil over the top.
- Pour chicken stock into pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, or until done and juices run clear. While you’re baking the chicken, work on the Jalapeno Mint Jelly to accompany it.
Very Low Amine: basil, salt
Low Amine: safflower oil, skinless chicken, broth
Very High Amine: lime
- Baked Breaded Rosemary Lemon Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Pumpkin Apple Dressing (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Low-Amine BBQ Chicken Breasts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Curried Cilantro Chicken Drumsticks (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, coconut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek “Lemon” Roasted Potatoes (aminerecipes.com)
- Marinated Tofu Ties with Ginger Balsamic Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Lemon-Thyme Delicatta Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Larb Gai (Thai Chicken Salad) (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb, healthy) (aminerecipes.com)