How to boil an egg should probably go without saying… But I’ve found more people than not don’t cook their eggs right. Yes, folks, there is a right way and a wrong way. Eggs are a helpful addition to a low amine diet, and you should know how to cook them properly.
- Put eggs in a saucepan deep enough and large enough to hold eggs in a single layer.
- Add cold water, covering the eggs by about an inch.
- Turn heat to high until it reaches boiling, then remove from burner.
- Cover and let stand for 12 – 18 minutes, depending on size (12: med. eggs / 15: lg. eggs / 18: xlg eggs).
- Immediately drain and cool completely under cold running water or in a bowl of ice. If you don’t cool right away and completely, you end up with eggs that are hard to peel. Unless you like your eggs shellbound, cool completely and quickly.