Brussels sprouts are a simple, easy dish that works as a great accompaniment and a great filler in a dinner plan. I have been known to eat them all on their own as a meal. Typically, I broil my Brussels sprouts, but I thought this time I would pan-fry them in a cast iron pan.
16 medium Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 C water
- Mix together Brussels sprouts, salt, white pepper, garlic, and oil, massaging spices into the Brussels sprouts. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat cast iron pan to medium-high. Add butter.
- Add Brussels sprouts to pan, face-down. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Add water to pan to de-glaze and steam Brussels sprouts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Shredded & Sauteed Brussel Sprouts w/ Walnuts (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Garlic shallot scallops
- Lamb, onion, and asparagus pastry