I love pretty food, but it’s not so often I get to make things that present so beautifully. This Greek chicken phyllo pastry dish is visually and texturally a crowd-pleaser. It takes a mild spin on low-amine Greek food, and puts it into adorable muffin tin single servings (though to be honest, I ate three when they came out of the oven…). You’ll love how simple this low amine recipe is (especially if you have a food processor for mincing and grating), and how gorgeous the end result is. Enjoy!
3/4 lb ground chicken
2/3 C shredded mozzarella
1 C crumbled feta (about 2/3lb block feta, pre-crumbled)
3/4 C parsley, minced
1 tsp ascorbic acid
1 medium grated potato (about 2/3 C)
1 grated beet (about 1/2 C)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 bulb garlic, minced
3 Tbsp lemon thyme
Paprika, to taste/garnish
14 sheets phyllo dough
2/3 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay single sheet of phyllo dough out on a large cutting board or counter. Brush lightly with butter. Add another layer of phyllo on top. Brush with butter. Repeat until there are 7 layers of phyllo.
- Lightly grease the muffin tin.
- Cut buttered phyllo into squares large enough to fill muffin tins. The lowest point of the square in the muffin tin should still come just over the edge of the cavity, so that juices don’t leak out.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, mozzarella, parsley, ascorbic acid, beet, potato, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, lemon thyme, and safflower oil.
- Create muffin “cups” with the phyllo dough, and fill them with the chicken filling, leaving a little room at the top.
- Once all filling is used up, top off with a layer of feta.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika, for color.
- Bake for 30 minutes, and serve hot.
Very Low Amine: parsley, ascorbic acid, beet, black pepper, salt, onion, garlic, lemon thyme
Low Amine: chicken, mozzarella, feta, potato, phyllo dough, butter
Very High Amine: paprika
- Pumpkin Apple Dressing (aminerecipes.com)
- Peach and Pear Phyllo Pockets (low-amine, dairy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Breaded Rosemary Lemon Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek “Lemon” Roasted Potatoes (aminerecipes.com)
- Lemon-Thyme Delicatta Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Low-Amine BBQ Chicken Breasts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)