This simple, easy side dish is delicious and quick. It’s nice to have some fast low-amine recipes that can be cooked quickly and set aside to keep warm – especially when you have other things that need to go in the oven. I cooked these garlic Brussels sprouts before putting pear-marinated chicken drumsticks in the oven, and they were still warm when the chicken was served a half-hour later.
1 lb Brussels sprouts
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp safflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to broil, with the rack at the top.
- Wash all Brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise, and put into a large bowl (a thick glass bowl is best).
- Drizzle oil and seasonings on top, and toss well until everything is well coated.
- Lay on a cookie sheet, cut-side up.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, or when they start to char.
- Serve immediately, or put back in the “tossing bowl,” cover with foil, and wrap the whole bowl in a towel to keep it warm.
Very Low Amine: Brussels sprouts, garlic powder, salt
Low Amine: safflower oil
- White Pepper Garlic Brussels Sprouts (aminerecipes.com)
- Leek and Sweet Potato Frittata (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cilantro Chutney