If you’re looking for a simple, satisfying snack, this works very well. If served quickly (before Feta cheese softens), it makes for a good easy appetizer as well.
1/4 lb Feta cheese (block form)
8-12 large leaves basil, washed
Fresh cracked black pepper
- Slice block of Feta cheese into about 8-12 pieces of equal size. It’s better to have thicker pieces that appear smaller than thin pieces that appear larger.
- Set Feta cheese pieces around the edge of a plate.
- Crack pepper over the Feta cheese.
- Serve with basil in the middle of the plate. Wrap up a piece of Feta with basil and pop it in your mouth for a tasty, creamy treat!
- Alternately, you can lay the leaves out and set the feta on top of the fresh basil, crack pepper on top, and serve.
Very Low Amine: basil, black pepper
Low Amine: feta cheese
- Low Amine Greek Chicken Phyllo (aminerecipes.com)
- Leek and Sweet Potato Frittata (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Artichoke Spinach Dip Substitute (Sunchoke & Bok Choy) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cream Cheese and Caramelized Onion Stuffed Turkey Meatballs (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Roasted Beets and Carrots with Feta and Cumin Vinaigrette (aminerecipes.com)
- Breakfast: Poached Eggs over Sauteed Veggies (low-amine, vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Basic Stir Fry (soy-free, gluten-free, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)