Even I like desserts… sometimes. I’m a fan of simple, light flavors for desserts, on the rare occasion that I decide a low-amine dessert is in order. As I’m not a big baker, this is a perfect recipe for me. Similar to mousse or frozen yogurt, it’s cool, light, and refreshing – with a touch of sweet, of course.
1 cup unsweetened carob chips
1 package of soft tofu
1/4 C rice milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat carob, rice milk, and vanilla extract in a double boiler (I don’t have a double boiler, so I used a high-walled pan and a small pot) until carob is completely melted. It should be a thick chocolate syrup.
- Put block of soft tofu in food processor.
- Add melted carob.
- Blend till pureed.
- Put mixture in refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- Seed a pomegranate, discarding pith.
- Once chilled, dole out into bowls, and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
- Enjoy your low-amine dessert!
Very Low Amine: soft tofu, rice milk, vanilla extract, pomegranate
Low Amine: carob chips
Featured on Cybele Pascal.