- Put a cut into the top and bottom of the spaghetti squash.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, flip bottom of squash to the top, and resume microwaving for another 5 minutes.
- Remove spaghetti squash from microwave, cut in half lengthwise and allow to cool on the counter.
- Melt butter in a ramekin.
- Mix together all dry seasonings with melted butter. Stir in well.
- Add rice milk and stir until well mixed.
- When spaghetti squash has cooled, remove and discard (or save for roasting later) seeds.
- Holding the spaghetti squash over a large bowl, use a fork to pull at the squash flesh, going with the grain. Pull toward the center. It should come out in “noodles.” If you find the spaghetti squash to be too stubborn, microwave it for another 2 minutes and try again.
- Gently fold seasoning mix in with spaghetti squash until well mixed.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro or parsley if available.
Very Low Amine: spaghetti squash, garlic powder, cilantro, salt, cardamon, allspice, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, white pepper
Low Amine: butter, rice milk
High Amine: cinnamon, nutmeg, clove
Very High Amine: cayenne pepper
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)