If you can eat bacon or prosciutto, for the love of god, crumble some up into this recipe. Use the bacon fat as flavoring. It would be marvelous. However, as with most of us low-amine eaters, that’s not a possibility. I am still pondering ideas on how to make a fake bacon that won’t be full of amines, but that’s a story for another day. For now, a simple, easy recipe.
10 brussels sprouts, halved
6 chestnuts, quartered
1 Tbsp safflower oil
5 chestnuts, pureed
1/2 C rice milk
3/4 tsp sugar
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
- Puree 5 chestnuts until very fine. Add sugar and rice milk, and continue processing until smooth. Pour chestnut puree into a small ziplock bag, seal, and set aside.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium with oil. Add brussels sprouts, face down. Cook until browned, then toss. Continue cooking until almost done, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Add chestnut halves and cook (toss/stir as needed) until chestnuts are heated through.
- Grab serving plate. Snip tiny corner piece off the chestnut puree bag. Pipe a pattern onto the plate (or just serve sauce on the side in a small ramekin, if desired), then stack brussels sprouts and chestnuts on top.
- Crack fresh pepper over the top and serve.
Very Low Amine: brussels sprouts, rice milk, salt, black pepper
Low Amine: safflower oil, sugar
High Amine: chestnuts
- Leek and Sweet Potato Frittata (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Simple Quinoa Salad (gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Reduced-Carb Fried Rice (low-amine, low-carb, low-fat, vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Garlic Broiled Brussels Sprouts (aminerecipes.com)
- Breakfast: Poached Eggs over Sauteed Veggies (low-amine, vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Lemon-Thyme Delicatta Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Ras El Hanout Spaghetti Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
Featured on Cybele Pascal.