This simple recipe is light and satisfying. It will brighten meals up with its crisp texture. I enjoyed the light citrus flavors with the added fennel frisse.
1 small bulb fennel
1 small celeriac (celery root)
2 Tbsp safflower oil
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp fennel frisse (the leafy top part)
- Peel celeriac and cut into quarters (perhaps the only vegetable I ever peel!).
- Using a mandoline on a thin setting (if you have more time to marinate the fennel and celeriac, a bit thicker is okay, but if you don’t… the thinner, the better), slice fennel and celeriac.
- Put into a bowl or Ziplock bag. Add ascorbic acid, oil, lime, and sugar.
- If you want a bit more fennel flavor, add more fennel frisse.
- Mix well, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Black Truffle Beets (aminerecipes.com)
- Celery Root Fish Soup (aminerecipes.com)
- Celery Root & Potato Au Gratin (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Beans (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, tomato-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- What can I do with Celeriac? (gfgh.wordpress.com)