- In a dry pan, toast rice. When lightly browned, use a food processor to grind it as small as possible. The toasted rice powder (khao koor) will help thicken up the meat juices.
- In a large pan, cook meat over medium heat with oil, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add lime, 1/2 tsp salt, and toasted rice powder. Mix well.
- When done cooking, set aside.
- Using a mandoline, slice onion, cabbage, radishes, and cucumber thinly and add to a large bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add.
- Add mint leaves. Toss Larb Gai salad until well mixed.
- When meat is cooled, add to Larb Gai salad and toss together.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix together all Larb Gai Dressing ingredients. Mix until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Depending on how many people you are feeding, use all the Larb Gai Dressing and toss well, or pull aside the portion you want to serve, mix in an appropriate amount of dressing, and toss well. Larb Gai will not keep as well once it has been dressed, so keep the dressing separate if you plan on saving it for later.
- Serve, garnished with mint leaves and a dash of cayenne or red chili flakes over the top for color (optional).
Very Low Amine: cilantro, toasted ground rice, salt, onion, cabbage, mint, cucumber, garlic
Low Amine: ground turkey / ground chicken, safflower oil, blueberry juice (high in histamines, low in tyramines)/ pomegranate juice, sugar
Very High Amine: Serrano peppers, lime, cayenne / red chili flakes
- Reduced-Carb Fried Rice (low-amine, low-carb, low-fat, vegetarian, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Curried Cilantro Chicken Drumsticks (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, coconut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low Amine Chicken Strips (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Fish Patties (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, low-fat, low-carb, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Curried Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, tomato-free, coconut-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Shaved Fennel and Celery Root (Celeriac) Salad (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Simple Quinoa Salad (gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Vietnamese Beef Vermicelli Noodle Bowl (Bun) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low Amine Tandoori Turkey with Spiced Gravy (aminerecipes.com)
Featured on Cybele Pascal.