Low-amine chicken dinners are often easy and delicious. This recipe can be cooked with pre-packaged Italian style breadcrumbs, but I prefer to use my own low-amine, gluten-free bread to make the gluten-free Italian breadcrumb mix. Chicken breasts were cooked at the same time as legs and thighs and both came out of the oven at the same time and were perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy.
2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
2 chicken thighs and legs (attached), skinless
2 large (8″) sprigs rosemary
1 1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 C safflower oil
2 Tbsp apple juice
3 pieces bread of choice
2 Tbsp dried rosemary
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
- Strip rosemary off stems and mix into a large bowl with chicken, ascorbic acid, sea salt, safflower oil, and apple juice.
- Marinate for four hours, making sure to turn in bowl as often as possible to ensure even coating of marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place toast on oven rack. When toast is browned, flip over and toast until very crisp but not burned.
- Leave oven on.
- Add toast to food processor and blend. When halfway to fine breadcrumbs, add dried rosemary, Italian seasoning, and salt. Finish processing.
- Pull the majority of the rosemary off the marinated chicken (I leave a few pieces and a few pieces wedged within the breast for flavoring, however) and coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
- Lay chicken down in a large Pyrex pan.
- Add remainder of rosemary and marinade to the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Very Low Amine: rosemary, ascorbic acid, sea salt, safflower oil, bread, Italian seasoning
Low Amine: skinless chicken, apple juice
- Lemon-Thyme Delicatta Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek “Lemon” Roasted Potatoes (aminerecipes.com)
- Curried Cilantro Chicken Drumsticks (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, coconut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak (low-amine, low-carb, vinegar-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Teriyaki Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-amine, Gluten-free Chinese Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Low-Amine BBQ Chicken Breasts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Balsamic Blackened Cod (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)