I have been missing curries again, and one of my favorites is Green Curry Chicken. Unfortunately, it’s usually made with coconut milk, so I can’t eat it. You can use regular milk or cream in this recipe if you prefer the dairy, but it isn’t necessary. As is, this low-amine Green Curry Chicken was delicious. The avocado lends a wonderful creaminess to it that makes up for the fats missing by removing the coconut milk.
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp granulated garlic powder
3 Tbsp safflower oil
2 Tbsp ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1 1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
1 avocado, barely ripened
2 medium bundles cilantro
1 Tbsp lemongrass (white parts)
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 Tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 C rice milk
Steamed rice (I won’t insult your intelligence. I’m going to assume you know how to do this.)
- Make rice.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and garlic powder. Mix until evenly coated.
- Heat large pan to medium high and add oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Allow to brown, then flip pieces over to brown other side. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often (don’t burn your chicken!), or until just barely done.
- Pour chicken into a clean bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, add all other ingredients except rice milk. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour puree into a pan and add rice milk and any cooking liquid left in the bowl of cooked chicken.
- Turn heat to medium until it starts to boil and reduce to a low simmer. Cook sauce for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken back in until both sauce and chicken are fully heated through.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with cilantro or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, if desired.
Very Low Amine: salt, garlic powder, ginger, ascorbic acid, cilantro, lemongrass, green onion, water, rice milk, steamed rice
Low Amine: boneless skinless chicken thighs, safflower oil
Moderate Amine: barely ripened avocado
Very High Amine: cayenne pepper
- Easy Creamed Corn (aminerecipes.com)
- Tomato-Free Chili (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nightshade-free, paleo, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash (aminerecipes.com)
- Onion Pasta Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, dairy-free, low-carb, low-fat, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Breaded Chicken Cutlets (aminerecipes.com)
- Grilled Cod with Dill and Garlic (aminerecipes.com)
- Black Bean Dip (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Dill Beef Stuffed Cabbage (aminerecipes.com)
- Beet and Carrot Salad (aminerecipes.com)