Simple Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Chutney. Served with Garlic broiled Brussels sprouts and Chicken Drumsticks marinated in pear, sage, and ginger.
I did a more complex quinoa salad last week, but I wanted an easy low-amine side dish for tonight that resembled tabouleh, so put this easy mix of low-amine ingredients together and served it with low-amine cilantro chutney. It went perfectly with the baked chicken (marinated in pear, ginger, and sage) and garlic broiled Brussels sprouts. It was a simple, tasty meal that’s hard to get wrong!
1 C dried quinoa
2 C water
1/2 C minced parsley
1 C English cucumber, quartered and sliced thinly
1 small unripe avocado, diced (optional. Note: Unripe = high amine. Ripe = very high amine)
1 tsp ascorbic acid
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp safflower oil
*You can also add in vegetables such as green onion, thinly sliced Brussels sprouts, radishes, or celery
- Rinse quinoa well, as it is a saponin (naturally a bit soapy). Not rinsing means bitter quinoa, and possible allergic reactions in some people. Drain carefully.
- Add water and cook (in a rice cooker is preferred, as it is the easiest and most reliable method).
- Chop cucumber and parsley.
- Add cooked quinoa, parsley, cucumber, salt, garlic powder, ascorbic acid, and safflower oil to a large bowl. Mix together thoroughly to ensure even dispersion of oil, salt, and ascorbic acid. Add diced avocado and gently mix together.
- Serve with a large dollop of low-amine cilantro chutney on top.
AMINE BREAKDOWN:Very Low Amine: quinoa, water, parsley, cucumber, ascorbic acid, salt, garlic powderLow Amine: safflower oilHigh Amine: unripe avocado
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks Marinated in Sage, Pear, and Ginger
- Garlic Broiled Brussels Sprouts
- Low Amine Greek Chicken Phyllo (aminerecipes.com)
- Quinoa Salad (aminerecipes.com)
- Leek and Sweet Potato Frittata (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tangy Cilantro Dressing and Marinade (aminerecipes.com)
- BBQ Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, tomato-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low Amine Chicken Strips (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Japanese Grilled Squid (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low Amine Cilantro Chutney (aminerecipes.com)
47.606209 -122.332071About these adsPublished in:
- Gluten-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Low Amine Appetizers
- Low Amine Entrees
- Low Amine Salads
- Low Amine Snacks
- Soy-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Vegan Low Amine Recipes
- Vegetarian Low Amine Recipes
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/01/10/simple-quinoa-salad/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.