Baked Low-Amine BBQ Chicken Breasts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb)
Low-Amine Baked BBQ Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, low-fat, low-carb) served with baked sweet potato and stir-fried purple cabbage.
This basic recipe requires you to have made the low-amine BBQ sauce in advance. I usually make mine in big batches and freeze them in one-cup servings in Ziplock bags for later use. Chicken breasts are versatile and work very well with the low-amine BBQ sauce. It’s a great easy meal that requires very little work (sauce-making aside).
2 large, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C low-amine BBQ sauce, divided (1/4C , 1/4C)
2 Tbsp safflower oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay chicken breasts down in Pyrex pan.
- Slather chicken breasts with 1/4 C low-amine BBQ sauce
- Drizzle oil over the top.
Low-Amine Chicken with BBQ sauce and oil
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Optional side dishes: small/medium sweet potatoes can be tossed in the oven straight on the rack to cook with the chicken and should be done about the same time. Purple cabbage was stir-fried simply with safflower oil, salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Broil for about 5 minutes to brown the top of the chicken and sauce.
Baked and broiled low-amine BBQ chicken, ready for slicing!
- Warm up remaining 1/4 C low-amine BBQ sauce
Low-Amine BBQ Sauce
- Remove from oven, cut chicken into slices and serve with BBQ sauce drizzled over the top.
Low Amine: skinless chicken breasts, low-amine BBQ sauce, safflower oil
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/04/16/baked-bbq-chicken/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.