I have come to realize that very few doctors know what amines (and salicylic acid, tyramine, histamine allergies, glutamates, etc) are, which makes it terribly difficult to diagnose. Without a doctor that will recognize the symptoms, it never gets identified. Therefore, I offer you a list of doctors who have properly identified an amine (or related) allergy in the past for myself and other people in the food allergy community. If you have a doctor (or book/resource) to add, please let me know. I hope this helps you in your own journey to find help.
Suggested Reading Materials:
- Allergy Friendly Food: The Essential Guide to Avoiding Allergies, Additives, and Problem Chemicals. By Anne R. Swain, Dr. Velencia L. Soutter and Dr. Robert H. Loblay from the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital’s Allergy Unit.
- Dealing with Food Allergies. By Janice Vickerstaff Joneja.
- RPAH Elimination Diet Handbook with food & shopping guide. By Anne Swain, Velencia Soutter, and Robert Loblay from the Royal Price Alfred Hospital’s Allergy Unit.
- Ayurvedic Golden Milk Recipe to help reduce inflammation in joints.
- Copper Toxicity
- Pyroluria Facebook Group
- GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)
Low Amine Recipes Blog Reader Recommended Reading Materials:
- The Magnesium Miracle. By Carolyn Dean MD ND.
Doctors In Washington state (my doctor):
Doctors In London:
c/o Integrated Medicine Centre
121 Crawford Street
London W1U 6BE
020 7224 5111