Finger-Licking-Good Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs
I like my ribs two ways… I like them falling off the bone, finger-licking, belly-rubbing good, and I like them tough as nails and a fight to get off the bone. I think I must get it from my Korean grandma. We gnaw those bones CLEAN.The BBQ beef rib method I will be showing you today is the kind that will most likely leave your guests in awe of what a BBQ beef rib master you are. Tender, delicious, and easy (though darn right, still messy) to eat. Big thanks to Mr. Rig It for the original BBQ beef ribs method!
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs… Getting hungry yet?
5 lbs beef back ribs (2 racks of beef ribs)1 Tbsp salt1/3 C low amine BBQ sauce2 medium white onionswaterroasting pangrill
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay ribs flat in roasting pan.
- Set aside a third of the low-amine BBQ sauce for finishing the ribs at the very end.
- Baste top side of beef ribs with a light layer of low-amine BBQ sauce
- Slice onions into thick slabs and lay them on the ribs.
- Add water to roasting pan, enough to just barely cover ribs.
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs prepped for their first hour of cooking.
- Cook for one hour, then remove onions and flip. Baste lightly and replace onions on top of BBQ beef rib racks.
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs after one hour cooking.
- Cook for three hours, flipping beef ribs at each hour interval. Ribs should be starting to fall apart at this point. You don’t want them SO tender that they literally fall off the bone – remember, you still have to move your low-amine BBQ beef ribs to the grill and finish them there. But you do want them very tender.
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs after two hours cooking. Notice the meat is starting to creep away from the ends of the bones, giving it that “Frenched rib” look.
- Move beef ribs to a platter and start up your grill. Reserve onions to serve with your low-amine BBQ beef ribs, if desired. Feel free to cook as a whole slab (more difficult) or cut beef ribs into individual pieces, or in groups of two or three beef ribs.
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs getting ready for the final grilling.
- Baste ribs on both sides.
- Grill on medium high (get some char and color to the sauce, but try not to burn up your low-amine BBQ beef ribs) with the meatier side facing up.
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs finishing on the grill.
- Flip, and cook meatier side down.
- Slice ribs halfway between the bones to create equally spaced, gorgeous, low-amine BBQ beef ribs.
Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs, served!
- Microwave the reserved low-amine BBQ sauce for a few seconds to warm it, and give your BBQ beef ribs a final saucing.
- Dig in!
Enjoy your Low-Amine BBQ Beef Ribs!
Very Low Amine: salt, onion, water
Low Amine: beef ribs, low-amine BBQ sauce
- Baked Low-Amine BBQ Chicken Breasts (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tofu Bites (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, tomato-free, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tomato-Free Chili (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nightshade-free, paleo, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Burgers with Caramelized Onions (aminerecipes.com)
- Dill Beef Stuffed Cabbage (aminerecipes.com)
- Onion Pasta Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, tomato-free, nut-free, dairy-free, low-carb, low-fat, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Curry Cumin Pot Roast (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, tomato-free, nightshade-free, low-carb, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-amine, Gluten-free Chinese Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce (aminerecipes.com)
- Quick Get-Well Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, nightshade-free) (aminerecipes.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/06/28/bbq-beef-ribs/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.