Summer drinks aren’t the same without fun choices like ber, cider, tequila, rum, scotch (my favorite), and whiskey. As someone allergic to amines, I am left gin (which I’m *actually* allergic to, so can’t have) and vodka. Needless to say, I now drink a lot of vodka. I’m working on tweaking some summer classic drinks and making them into delicious low amine alcoholic beverages. Round 1: Mojitos. Drink!
2 oz vodka
10-12 mint leaves
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 lime
5 oz club soda
1 C crushed ice if you have it, cubes if you don’t.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, grind mint leaves together with the brown sugar.
- If using crushed ice: Add crushed ice, vodka, lime. Muddle.
- If using cubed ice: Add vodka, lime. Muddle. Add ice, put lid on and shake.
- Add club soda and pour through cocktail shaker’s strainer (or use a spring-bar strainer) into a tall glass.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and wedge of lime.
AMINE BREAKDOWN:Low: vodka, club soda, lime, brown sugar, mint47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
- Gluten-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Low Amine Drinks
on August 18, 2011 at 10:39 am Leave a Comment
Tags: alcohol, cocktail, low amine drink, low amine mojito, mojito, mojito recipe, vodka, vodka mojito, vodka mojito recipe
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2011/08/18/low-amine-mojito/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.