Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, tomato-free, vegetarian, vegan), plated with sauce and ginger.
These cabbage wraps are both light and filling. The flavors are refreshing and hearty at the same time. For a more pliable cabbage wrap, you can blanch or steam the low-amine cabbage, but I prefer mine raw. I was starving, but after eating three low-amine cabbage wraps, was completely stuffed.
1 head cabbage (first 6-10 outside leaves only)
2 blocks firm, organic tofu
1/4 C shallot oil
- Heat 1 C safflower oil and add 1 shallot, thinly sliced.
- Cook over medium low until shallot is crisp and golden brown.
- Reserve shallot as topper for dishes.
- Oil will keep in the fridge for a couple months.
1 C cilantro, chopped
1/2 Walla Walla / Vidalia sweet onion, sliced into half-rings
2″ ginger, grated
4 green onions, sliced thinly
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Cut tofu into 8 pieces each. Lay them flat in a Pyrex dish and pour soy sauce substitute and shallot oil over the top.
Tofu, marinated in low-amine, gluten-free soy sauce substitute and shallot oil.
- Marinate for at least two hours. Halfway through, flip tofu pieces over in the marinade.
- Peel outside layers of cabbage off carefully to use as cabbage wraps.
- Prepare cilantro, onion, ginger, and green onion.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and oil down. Place tofu pieces on foil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Pour marinade into a pan, and add garlic powder, salt, and cornstarch. Mix well and turn heat to medium low.
- Stir constantly until thickened, then remove from heat.
- When tofu is starting to crisp around the edges, remove from oven and cut into small pieces.
- Serve all ingredients pre-wrapped in cabbage and held together with toothpicks, or serve as “build your own” at the table.
Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps
Very Low Amine: cabbage, cilantro, sweet onion, ginger, green onions, garlic powder, salt, cornstarch
Low Amine: soy sauce substitute, shallot oil
Moderate Amine: firm tofu
- Basic Stir Fry (soy-free, gluten-free, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Marinated Tofu Ties with Ginger Balsamic Sauce (low-amine, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, fish-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Stuffed Cabbage with Garlic Sauce (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine) (aminerecipes.com)
- Sukiyaki (Japanese Hot Pot) (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Vietnamese Beef Vermicelli Noodle Bowl (Bun) (aminerecipes.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
- Gluten-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Low Amine Entrees
- Vegan Low Amine Recipes
- Vegetarian Low Amine Recipes
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/03/23/teriyaki-tofu-cabbage-wraps/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.