Herb Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Garlic mashed potatoes have never been so delicious or adorable. These singe serving mashed potatoes are a hit at potlucks, and are a good way to dress up a classic or utilize leftover mashed potatoes.
Yields: 12 potato muffins
3 lb red potatoes, peeled
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1/4 C minced garlic
4 Tbsp butter
1 C half & half
2 pieces bacon (omit if highly reactive to amines or if vegetarian)
For the Filling:
1/2 C cream cheese
4 Tbsp fresh minced chives
2 Tbsp fresh minced rosemary
1/2 tsp minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut and boil potatoes (you can reserve the boiled potato water and use it as a soup base – the starches help thicken soup).
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, chives, rosemary, 1/2 tsp garlic, and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon till gently crisp. Reserve fat and cool bacon.
- Cook 1/4 C minced garlic in the butter till garlic is fragrant and just barely starting to brown.
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Crumble bacon into potatoes. Add bacon fat, garlic butter, half & half, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Lightly grease a (12-muffin) muffin tin. Using a spatula, spoon potatoes into muffin tin till they’re heaping and full.
- Use your thumb to press an indent into the middle of each potato muffin.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mix into the indentation. I use two spoons for this – one to hold the mixture, and one to scrape it away from the other spoon and into the potato muffin.
- Bake for 40 minutes, uncovered.
Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes
- Allow to cool on the stovetop for 5 minutes, then use a small, flexible spatula to scoop them out.
AMINE BREAKDOWN:Very Low Amine: salt, pepper, garlic, chives, rosemaryLow Amine: peeled potato, butter, half and half, cream cheeseVery High Amine: baconPhotos courtesy of Molly Magee Photographyhttp://mmageephotography.com
- Blanched Okra with Red Wine Vinegar (aminerecipes.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2011/09/23/muffin-tin-mashed-potatoes-with-herb-cream-cheese/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.