Pistachio rosemary spread on crostini
Everyone loves hummus. But mixing pistachio, rosemary, and white beans make for a nice twist – especially since sesame (tahini) is very high in amines. It’s a delicious blend of flavors and sure to be a hit at any party – and a low-amine treat that allergy sufferers can eat without doom.
Yield: About 2 Cups
1/2 C dried white beans, cooked
1/2 C pistachios
4 Tbsp water
4 Tbsp safflower oil
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves +
handful of fresh rosemary leaves for garnish
Crostini (little toast rounds will work fine – you don’t need oil and cheese and all that unless you really want to. Adjust for gluten-free.)
2 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
- Cook white beans for about 1 hour or until done.
- Soak pistachios in water.
- When beans are done, add all ingredients (except garnish rosemary) to a food processor and process until very smooth.
- Spread onto crostini slices and press one or two rosemary leaves into the middle of each.
AMINE BREAKDOWN:Very Low Amine: white beans, water, rosemary, crostini (adjust recipe for gluten-free), garlic, salt, pepperLow Amine: safflower oilHigh Amine: pistachio
- Low Amine Hummus (aminerecipes.wordpress.com)
- Low Amine Garlic Spear and Asparagus Tartine (aminerecipes.wordpress.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Balsamic Blackened Cod (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo) (aminerecipes.com)
- Fennel Leek Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak (low-amine, low-carb, vinegar-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Breaded Rosemary Lemon Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Rosemary Pomegranate Sauce (myspork.wordpress.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
- Low Amine Appetizers
- Low Amine Snacks
- Soy-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Vegan Low Amine Recipes
- Vegetarian Low Amine Recipes
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2011/09/29/pistachio-rosemary-spread/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.