Teriyaki Chicken (low-amine, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, low-carb, paleo)
Low-amine teriyaki chicken is a real treat, since soy sauce is high in amines. It is easily made, though, with a little low-amine soy sauce substitute and sesame oil substitute!
1/2 C soy sauce substitute
1/4 C sesame oil substitute
6 medium cloves garlic, pressed
1 heaping Tbsp ginger, grated
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
Two chicken legs & thighs
1/4 red onion, cut into slices
- Mix all ingredients together (except onions) in a large Ziplock bag until sugar is dissolved.
- Let marinate for four hours, flipping halfway through.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay marinated legs down in a Pyrex pan and lay onions around them. Add about 1/4 C of the marinade. Baste twice during cooking.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Pea Shoots (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-amine, Gluten-free Chinese Scallion Pancakes with Dipping Sauce (aminerecipes.com)
- Pickles, pickles, pickles, and all Low-Amine (aminerecipes.com)
- Low-Amine Teriyaki Tofu Cabbage Wraps (aminerecipes.com)
- Carrot Ginger Dressing (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Sukiyaki (Japanese Hot Pot) (gluten-free, soy-free, low-amine, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Vietnamese Beef Vermicelli Noodle Bowl (Bun) (aminerecipes.com)
- Braised Octopus and Choy Sum (aminerecipes.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/04/10/teriyaki-chicken/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.