Cumin Bean Vegetable Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, low-fat, low-carb).
Now that you’ve enjoyed the Ciabattas with Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro, you should have a few cups of sauce left over. But what to do with them!? Let’s make a soup! This soup is refreshing and bright, and very hearty. I use adzuki beans for their unique, sweet flavor, but you are welcome to use any bean you’d like in this Cumin Bean Vegetable Soup.
2 1/2 C leftover pureed sauce from Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro
2 C beef broth
4 C vegetable broth
3 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp granulated garlic powder
1/2 tsp ascorbic acid
1 tsp salt
4 C leeks, halved lengthwise, then sliced thin (white parts only)
2 Tbsp butter
1 C carrots, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
3 C cooked adzuki beans + 2 C reserved liquid from cooking beans
1/4 C cilantro, minced, packed
- In a medium heat pan, saute leeks in butter to allow for some caramelization.
Caramelizing Leeks for Cumin Bean Vegetable Soup
- Add leeks and all other ingredients except cilantro to large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables reach desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and mix in minced cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Very Low Amine: cumin, garlic powder, garlic powder, salt, leek, carrot, zucchini, adzuki beans + cooking liquid, cilantro
- Tomato-Free Chili (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, tomato-free, nightshade-free, paleo, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash (aminerecipes.com)
- Paleo: Mexican Flank Steak (ichalkit.wordpress.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/07/16/cumin-bean-vegetable-soup/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.