Low-amine True Cod marinating in garlic, dill, and ascorbic acid. The second cod fillet transformed into a salmon fillet for my lucky man, who is not amine-intolerant.
This simple entrée is fast and easy. Cod, when very fresh, makes a wonderful, light summertime entrée that’s low-amine and low-fat. You should count on one medium-sized fillet per hungry person.
2 true cod fillet
1 Tbsp fresh minced dill
2 Tbsp safflower oil
1/4 tsp ascorbic acid
1 Tbsp garlic, pressed
1/8 tsp salt
- Mix all seasonings together with oil and rub on both sides of cod fillet. Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
My sweetie (aka The Grillmaster) displaying cuts of true cod (low-amine) and salmon (high-amine) marinating in garlic, dill, and ascorbic acid.
- Grill on medium heat on a grilling rack (so that the fish does not fall through the grill) until desired doneness is reached. It should be about 3 minutes on one side, and one or two on the other, depending on thickness.
The Grillmaster going to town on grilling cod (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo).
- Serve hot.
Dill, Garlic, and “Lemon” flavored cod fillets. Delicious! (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo)
Very Low Amine: dill, ascorbic acid, garlic, salt
Low Amine: true cod fillet, safflower oil
- Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak (low-amine, low-carb, vinegar-free) (aminerecipes.com)
- Dill Beef Stuffed Cabbage (aminerecipes.com)
- Greek “Lemon” Roasted Potatoes (aminerecipes.com)
- Yogurt-Marinated Chicken (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, low-fat, low-carb) (aminerecipes.com)
- Tsatsiki / Tzatziki (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-carb, low-fat, paleo, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Fennel Leek Soup (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegetarian, vegan) (aminerecipes.com)
- Beet and Carrot Salad (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)
- Baked Breaded Rosemary Lemon Chicken (aminerecipes.com)
- Pumpkin Apple Dressing (aminerecipes.com)
- Balsamic Vinegar Substitute (aminerecipes.com)
- Garlic Green Beans (low-amine, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, paleo, tomato-free, low-fat, low-carb, vegan, vegetarian) (aminerecipes.com)
- Pea Shoots (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Burgers with Caramelized Onions (aminerecipes.com)
47.606209 -122.332071Published in:
- Gluten-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Low Amine Entrees
- Soy-Free Low Amine Recipes
- Vegetarian Low Amine Recipes
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: /2012/05/18/dill-cod-grilled/trackback/
RSS feed for comments on this post.