I did a wonderfully Cajun Thanksgiving this year. The Habanero lamb mashed potatoes were an amazing addition to the meal, and had just enough bite to be noticeable, and the flavor of the Habanero came through nicely, but not so much to be considered very hot.
5 lb potatoes, peeled for low amine
1 lb ground lamb
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 C milk or rice milk
1 stick butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp paprika
2 Habanero, seeds removed and minced (wear gloves)
- Wash, cut, and boil potatoes until thoroughly soft (peel potatoes for low amine, as potato skins are high amine). Reserve 2 C water in the pot with them.
- Saute lamb and Habanero. Make sure lamb is broken up into very small pieces.
- Mash potatoes with the reserved water and butter.
- Add sautéed ingredients.
- Add heavy whipping cream, milk / rice milk, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix together well.
- Serve sprinkled with Cajun seasoning mix.
- Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes with Herb Cream Cheese (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Black Beans (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Roasted Turkey (aminerecipes.com)
- Cajun Seasoning Mix (aminerecipes.com)
- Shredded Beef with Cumin and Cilantro (aminerecipes.com)